Thank you for using SandCage! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we are an internet service company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name and the email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using SandCage on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. When you register on SandCage, you provide us with payment information, contact information (ex., address and phone number).
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use SandCage. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use SandCage, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the address of the web pages you visited that had SandCage features or that refered you to a page of SandCage, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used SandCage, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using SandCage on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, etc. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android device. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners may share information with us
We may get information about you and your activity on SandCage from partners and other third parties we work with. For example:
- Some websites or apps use SandCage features. When this is the case, we may collect log information (described above) from those sites or apps.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products/services to you and make them better, develop new products/services, and protect SandCage and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
If after you register, you provide your payment information and contact information, this information will be provided to a payment company for storage to be used the next time there any payment transaction with SandCage.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Based on your preference settings, you may have granted us the ability to send you updates (such as when certain activity happens on SandCage), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, we may send you updates about your account activity. You can decide to stop getting these updates/notifications by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever SandCage does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a SandCage account, many of the choices you have on SandCage are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time.
- Create or be added by another SandCage user to a shared folder. Shared folders are visible to you and other members in the board, and any member with the appropriate privileges may choose to make the assets of the folder available to anyone else. For example, another member may invite someone else to the folder, or even just take an asset from the folder and email it to their friends.
- Also, we support the Do Not Track browser setting. When the Do Not Track browser setting is enabled, we do not load scripts from any third parties on any of the SandCage web pages.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your assets from SandCage. We may retain archived copies of your information and assets for a period after you have closed your account as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud, spam, copyright infringement and client errors).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access SandCage. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or SandCage; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on SandCage how many clients used the service over a given period, or the percentage of people who clicked on links in a newsletter.
Our policy on children’s information
SandCage is not directed to children under 18. If you learn that someone under the age of 18 years has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use SandCage after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.